Thursday, April 23, 2009

Of Highways and Dirtroads

It probably took one hour for the surroundings to stop shaking. Seriously. I've never been in a road as bumpy as that. Well, the last time, was probably back in Palawan, but we were in a vehicle fit to traverse on that kind of terrain. We were in a tricycle yesterday.

But it was fun, nonetheless. Another adventure
for me. It started with Rusa's text announcing she gave birth three weeks ago. Huwaat?! That was enough to wake me up at around 1AM that day. Didn't she just tell me she was getting married last Feb? Well, she managed to leave out that detail then. As always, life is full of surprises.

She asked me to be her daughter's godmom (an honor, I must say..and I'm so touched that my SMarts still want me to be part of their lives), but unfortunately, I won't be able to make it to the christening on May 3, so I just said I'd visit her yesterday. Apparently, I did not know what I was getting myself into. So I haven't been to Carmen, Silang, Cavite. Big deal. There are lots of place I haven't been in. So I asked Vicky to go with me and help me find Rusa's place. And she asked Andrew to come with us, but couldn't make it the last minute so she asked Jhe. Super. Now I won't get lost.

The easiest part was driving to the store. The SLEx southbound is in better condition now. I loved the drive. Then it was off to unfamiliar territory. We w
ent, even though the weather was not looking good. I had a feeling Jhe hoped I would back out; he kept saying the road was bad. It was. Full of rocks and puddles. Which were worsened by the rainy weather. Bumpy, bumpy, bumpy. Especially in a trike. It was actually better go backride even though your arms will be sore from hanging on rather than ride inside and have your head bumped on the side continuously. We just laughed it out, but it hurt. But it was great fun. We made it and we were able to see Rusa and her precious Keithrose. Her husband fed us and all was good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home